PechaKucha Night Bangor seeks visually compelling submissions from creatives who are interested in using their artwork to promote our next PKN Night at the Bangor Arts Exchange on March 12, 2020. We are seeking submissions for our official event poster. The selected artist will receive a $100!
PechaKucha is a global storytelling platform that celebrates people, passion, and creative thought. PechaKucha’s 20×20 presentation format shows your 20 chosen images, each for 20 seconds. In other words, you’ve got 400 seconds to tell your story, with visuals guiding the way. PechaKucha means “chit chat” in Japanese. This creative outlet began as nighttime get-togethers in Tokyo in 2003 by two renowned architects. Since then, three million people have attended PechaKucha events worldwide. Now it’s your turn to share your story with our PechaKucha Poster Competition!
Submissions are due by midnight on February 19th. The top 4 submissions will be shared via social media and voted on by the public and the PKN organizers, with the winning submission being announced on February 26th.
Want to see examples of PKN posters from all over the world? click here
• One poster submission per artist
• You must include the following information in your design: PechaKucha Night Bangor, Volume 25, 20×20, the event date (March 12, 2021), the event start time of 7pm, and an indication that this event will be virtual.
• All submissions need to follow and adhere to the PKN branding guidelines found here: https://bit.ly/39JMydG (specifically page 10 “Graphic Lockups”)
• Design must include the Authorized City Boilerplate (see branding guidelines above) and use the Bangor unique City Lockup at https://bit.ly/2NmBsUn
• The submission should be made as an 11×17 .pdf file ready for print, and also as a version for web (1500 x 2318 px, 72ppi, jpeg or png)