The Launchpad internship program provides learning opportunities and on-the-job experience to college juniors/seniors, graduate students, and recent college graduates (within one year) with a professional interest in the performing arts or in arts administration. Interns are expected to work 10-12 hours per week, participate in daily activities, contribute skills and ideas, and produce excellent work. An additional 8-12 hours (total) may be requested of you during the course of the internship to assist on production of live event performances.
• We also offer a stipend of $600 and college credit if applicable.
• Internship is 8 weeks with some flexibility on start date, provided that a full term is completed.
• We have an opportunity for a General Arts Administration Internship for Summer 2021.
Launchpad is an Arts Incubator focused on collaborating with artists, arts organizations and communities, to develop creative places in Maine. Our projects, programming and Creative Placemaking initiatives develop and strengthen the local creative economy through our work with emerging artists, arts organizations, startups, municipalities and other economic development or arts development organizations. Our mission is accomplished through our four strategy pillars – Community, Talent, Spaces & Capital. Launchpad is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our current projects include the Bangor Arts Exchange Ballroom, a 200-capacity performance venue; the All Roads Music Festival, an annual indie music festival in Belfast, ME; Live from the Grand! Music Series featuring concerts at the Grand Theatre in Ellsworth, ME; and Creative Ed, a creative learning program offering low cost, low barrier classes in the arts.
Some things we’re looking for:
• Experience or demonstrated interest in the arts and/or arts administration
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A hard work ethic and willingness to learn
Some things you will be expected to learn:
• How to be a functioning member of a creative team
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to establish priorities and manage numerous assignments simultaneously
Special Skills you have –
• We want to know about them and how they might help our team!
Should I Apply?
Yes. We want great candidates and we don’t expect you to have experience. That’s why this is an internship. We will teach what we need you to know to be a part of our team. Seriously if you’re reading this while eating a cookie and it sounds interesting but you are wondering if you should keep eating or apply, put down the cookie.
What would I be doing as part of my internship?
Interns are taught skills to help them contribute to the team during their 8-weeks on board with us, but are also asked to assist administratively. Typically, interns are assigned to work on a specific Launchpad project along with other staff members. This may include tasks related to marketing & promotion, event production, non-profit administrative, and project development / management.
How to Apply
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include “Launchpad Summer Internship 2021 + Your Name” in the subject line of your email.
• Cover letter outlining career goals, skills, why you’re interested, and when you are available to start.
• Application Deadline – May 15, 2021
For more information about Launchpad, please refer to our website at wearelaunchpad.org. Launchpad is an Equal Opportunity Employer.