30 Jan STAFF PROFILE: 5 Questions with Brandy Gonzalez, Music Programming & Musician Support
Brandy often spends time looking at pictures of dogs and searching for the best music festival line ups in her spare time. We’ve converted her from the girlfriend of a local band member trying to get into shows for free and turned her into a music booking and marketing powerhouse.
THIS IS: 5 QUESTIONS WITH BRANDY:
1. How did you find Launchpad/Central Gallery and why did you stay?
I found Central Gallery through Wyld Lyfe playing there for the first time, and I just fell in love with the idea of local artists in this awesome tiny room.
2. What was the best live music show you have ever been to?
Any musicians I see back home in NYC killing it in the Subway has got to be my favorite live music. So real.
3. You’re stranded on an island and can only listen to one album in your CD player for the rest of your life. What album is it?
The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill
4. What you’re looking forward to with your role at Launchpad?
Looking forward to helping out more local artists get their start, it’s a big bad world out there and it’s scary… so let’s all work together.
5. Who would be the easiest to prank on staff?
If I say Josh he might give me the boot, but it’s def Josh.