13 Jul Join Our Team: Visual Arts Coordinator
Position: Visual Arts Coordinator – Launchpad
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Bangor, ME
The Visual Arts Coordinator is responsible, in coordination with the Executive Director, for the design and execution of all Visual Arts components for Launchad programming throu cohesive integration of artists of various mediums.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Shift schedules and need vary week to week as needed. Please contact email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume.
This role will include key responsibilIties such as:
- Assisting & Collaborating with the Executive Director to program Monthly Art events
- Curation of visual arts components in other Launchpad programs & event
- Attend and oversee Visual Arts events, functions as needed
- Work within the approved monthly operational budget
- Schedule and manage all Volunteers for gallery events & functions
Artist Exhibitions & Events –
- Assist with and Manage Gallery Visual Arts Events as needed
- Assist the Executive Director to establish visual arts exhibition layouts
- Secure signed Artist Contracts in advance of installation
- Attend & Oversee artist installation & breakdown
Gallery Signage & Presentation –
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on the Design & Creation of Exhibition Signage
- Design & Create Artist Statements / Exhibit Statements for each show
- Provide information to the Marketing team
Art Sales –
- Create and Maintain Inventory Lists for each Exhibit
- Create and Maintain “Sell Sheets” or “Pricing Sheets” for each exhibit
The successful candidate will:
- Be a creative thinker, able to bring multiple solutions to any given problem.
- Great communication skills
- Must be comofrtable in managing individuals, volunteers or staff
Possess strong communication skills, ability to develop positive relationships with artists and patrons.
- Possess strong organizational skills & a methodical focused approach to work with and ability to work under pressure with established deadlines.
- Interest in understanding of design and gallery aesthetic & layout. Excellent attention to detail.
Must have the ability to seek out creative talent