13 Jul Join Our Team: Central Gallery Staff
Position: Gallery Staff, Central Gallery – Launchpad
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Bangor, ME
Central Gallery is a multi-discipline arts venue that promotes creativity through its mission to present contemporary, emerging and unconventional art, artists and ideas. The gallery helps emerging and mid-career artists present new work, while making art and creativity more accessible to the general public. Each year, the space presents 12 visual arts exhibitions as well as hosting various events and programs. In addition, the gallery is a multi-use space that seeks to support musicians, filmmakers and other community stakeholders to further grow and impact these local scenes.
Gallery Staff are responsible for assisting the Executive Director in managing the events that occur within the space space, assisting with after hours events and rentals. Their goal is to assist the gallery by maintaining a friendly, clean, professional and accessible atmosphere for all visitors and artists when working.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Shift schedules and need vary week to week as needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and resume.
This role will include key responsibilIties such as:
Gallery Operations –
- Prepare and close down the space after assigned gallery events, functions.
- Assist in scheduling rentals when applicable
- Light cleaning and set-up duties
- Set up for all events as needed. Pre-check of any required video & sound equipment when house engineer is not available
- Complete “Event Report” and submit to the Executive Director if managing an event solo
- Assist with the creation and upkeep of Generic Gallery Signage & Messaging (i.e. Donations,
- Upcoming Events, etc)
- Welcome musicians and event attendees with the highest level of customer services
- Maintain a safe and professional environment at all times while adhering to Gallery standards and guidelines.
Artist Exhibitions & Events –
- Set up and Close of Gallery Space for scheduled events & rentals
- Maintain a level of cleanliness, professionalism when interacting with all patrons
The successful candidate will:
- Bring multiple solutions to any given problem.
- Have interest in managing individuals and volunteersPossess strong communication skills, ability to develop positive relationships with artists and patrons.
- Possess strong organizational skills & a methodical focused approach to work with and ability to work under pressure with established deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Take direction